View Single Post
01-07-2013, 08:03 PM
vCash: 500
I'll take Gaudreau over Teravainen. I think he's more skilled, he's got a higher IQ, and his potential is better.

He's not that much smaller at this point in time (he's closer to 5 foot 9 by all accounts. Hockeydb is wrong), and he's about the same weight as Tervainen. Size is no longer the issue it was, not should it be. Small player's have proven time and again they can be successful. Look no further than the top 30 in scoring last year. Everyone likes to mention Martin St Louis, and then claim he's the exception, but sub-6 foot players are quite prominent in top scoring. Eberle is 5 foot 11, Zetterberg is 5 foot 11, Giroux is 5 foot 11, and none of them hit 180. Ray Whitney is 5 foot 10. And before someone goes on about "Oh 5 foot 9 is smaller than 5 foot 11", its two inches. That's barely anything.

Size is not an issue when you have smarts and elusiveness. And Gaudreau has that in spades. He also has displayed an ability to play at every level and still keep scoring. He was a star in the USHL, a star in the NCAA right now, he led the WJC tourney in goals and played on the US Gold Medal winning teams top line, above the 3rd overall pick last season (making the "but teravainen was a first rounder and gaudreau wasn't" argument sort of moot) so this isn't a small sample size.

Gaudreau (although Tervainen isn't a slacker by any means) for me.