View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 08:28 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I loved Lavi when he first came in because he wasn't John Stevens. A few years later and I am not much of a fan anymore. I don't like his all offense, no defence style of coaching. Yeah, his time outs are great but why on earth does this team keep falling 0-2 or 0-3 early in the first? Are they not prepared? Do they tune him out? And his line matching in the last 2 years of the playoffs was terrible, especially when he had last line change.
Last year Lavy had a head case goalie, no number one defender, an injury plagued D and a couple good defensive forwards (one being a rookie). I don't see how anyone can blame the guy for anything last year and, IMO, he got the team to overachieve.

Everyone has their faults, so I don't think Lavy is without them; however, falling down a couple of goals regularly seemed to be due to a lack of leadership on the ice (just my opinion). Giroux seems to be growing more comfortable with leading the team, and Lavys coaching should translate better to on ice production once he has that (leader) extension... Just a theory.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote