Old
01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Well, Eurolanche is reporting the following

Yes, I realize that it's unconfirmed, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that Radar's deal is close to these numbers. And if so, then like you said Bender...it could be a problem.
Unlikely. Unless RoR or his agent TOLD Eurolanche how much he's making, there's no way they got that kind of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Lets be honest here guys management were probably low balling him hard after seeing the deals Johnson and Duchene signed. The guy deserves minimum 4 million IMO if guys like David Jones and Parentau are getting paid that much. My guess is we sign him for 4.25 per for 3-4 yrs
I agree with this and it's probably accurate. They were probably trying to sign him for $3M or less when he's worth more than that despite 'only' have 1 breakout season. I think the Avs will get creative here and try to sign him up for LONG TERM for more money than they'll like on the short-term but it will end up being a steal in later years of the deal. (That's what I'd offer anyways $4MX8 or even $4.5MX8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Yeah true i think we'll see them spending much more now since theres no more uncertainty surrounding the cap limits for the upcoming years. We'll be big spenders this summer.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Ryan O'Reilly+ for Victor Hedman

I wish
That's a deal I'd be on board with!! I don't think Tampa is trading LeCavalier though and with Stamkos already, not sure it makes sense for them to add O'Reilly but for sure Hedman would be incredible on this team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
You'll care when the cap comes down and Stastny, Duchene, Landeskog, Varlamov, McGinn, and Downie all become free agents after next season.

I love having O'Reilly on this team but 5M/yr for a guy who has had one good season in the NHL? No thanks. Personally I don't believe that rumour and I think he'll probably get around 4M or a bit less but I'd trade him before giving him 5M/yr. That's ridiculous.
Yeah, he hasn't earned $5M yet no matter which way you slice it.