View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Agalloch1986

vCash: 500
Yes, why don't you insult me! Good plan!

Allow me to highlight a few paragraphs from the article(which you clearly didn't read) for you.

New Jersey Devils star forward Ilya Kovalchuk says he would have no problem staying in the Kontinental Hockey League if the National Hockey League imposes a reduction of player salaries in a new collective bargaining agreement.

In an interview with Sportbox.ru, Kovalchuk said that he and other Russian stars like Evgeni Malkin, Pavel Datsyuk and Ilya Bryzgalov are comfortable playing in their home country and many players would think twice about returning to the NHL.

Last week Washington Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin also said he would consider staying in Russia if NHL salaries are significantly slashed.

"What we are offered now isn't serious," Kovalchuk said. "Alex Ovechkin and I agree on this. I already discussed this matter with him as well as with Evgeni Malkin, Pavel Datsyuk and Ilya Bryzgalov. We'll wait for other proposals. In the meantime, we are all happy here (in the KHL). If the conditions in the NHL will be unclear, many guys will think twice whether to return there or not."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-lockout/2012/10/23/ilya_kovalchuk_could_stay_in_khl_if_nhl_cuts_salar ies/

Agalloch1986 is offline   Reply With Quote