View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Zen Arcade
Seen Spaling?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
If he can not separate himself from his current linemates (in a good way), what makes you (or anyone) think he will magically morph into a scoring butterfly once given an elite centerman that does all the work for him? Yes, he's big and tall (so is Big Mac). Is he a top 6 NHLer, he has yet to prove that. I don't think it is a catch 22. It is only a catch 22 if you assume he is a top 6 NHL player without him demonstrating it.

How is he going to earn a spot on the Pen's roster? Offensively, with his .5 ppg in the AHL as 23yo? or defensively with his team worst -9? I just don't see his "angle" onto this team's top 6 roster unless he starts doing something significantly different.
He's not going to morph into an offensive butterfly, maybe a 35-40 point guy if everything went perfectly. But the point is, he's not going to produce on the 4th line because his style of play doesn't work with guys who are going to dump pucks instead of getting shots on goal. At the same time, he hasn't shown the responsibility to get a top 6 chance. That's why it's a catch 22. Not because he's some magical automatic top sixer, but because he likely won't produce without the opportunity that he hasn't earned.

I've already stated in this thread that I've been very disappointed in his play this year, so I'm not sure why you're getting pissy about it.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote