View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 10:30 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I just want to get everyones take on this line of thought.. Pouliot is the only Pens prospect with elite qualities. I'm not saying he's an elite player but there is a chance he could be and he's the only Pens propect I could say that about.
I'm not sure I would go that far. I think Morrow has elite skating and shooting ability (but some weaknesses elsewhere), and Harrington absolutely is elite in the following areas: hockey sense, defensive awareness, shot-blocking, and perhaps others.

As far as forwards go, I would say Bennett is elite in terms of his hands, and is showing some near-elite vision & playmaking ability. Kuhnhackl has shooting ability that is very close to elite (especially his one-timer on the PP), but wouldn't classify as elite or blue-chip at this point, most likely due to injuries.

And yes, Pouliot definitely has some elite qualities. I do not think there's anything particularly elite about Despres or Maatta though, and while I haven't seen enough of Dumoulin to truly comment, I have the feeling (while not elite), he could be a pretty great package of a lot of different attributes, and could end up being an elite player one day.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote