View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
habsrule4eva3089

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
I think there's no way Phaneuf makes the team, and I'm not a Staal fan. Getzlaf only makes my team if he has a good year. You left off Canada's best goalie, too.
Phaneuf was on the 2007 World Championship Gold Medal team as well as the number one defenseman at the 2011 WC and along with Keith and Bouwmeester were the top dmen for Canada in 2012 barely being on the ice for any goals against. A 6'4 presence on the wing can be absolutely dynamic as Staalzy showed in 2010. The chemistry he had with Sid was really something as the tourney progressed. Getzlaf might be a ? on this board but people who know what they're watching know that a player like him can't be replaced. Just watch the worlds last year and witness how many shifts he was dominating with his size and strength and faceoff presence as well as the chemistry with Perry will be a boost right away like in 2010. If Marty performs then sure why not but I think still think experience on larger ice is key which Ward has plenty off and it'll help him adjust quicker to the short tournament.