Thread: Proposal: Habs-Flyers proposal
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
PayItForward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Pleks is very good defensively. but to say that Couturier isn't at least as good defensively, and to not acknowledge the fact that Couturier was that good defensively as an 18/19 year old is completely short sighted. I'm really trying not to be a homer, and I'm not trying to over rate couturier at all. but if you really watched him play this season, you could tell that he is really something special. i like PK. i don't love him, and while he might have more value than couts right now, I'm not sure that he's the defenseman we need. i say no to this trade. i really like couturiers upside, and i know it's been beaten to death, but if we had any interest in trading him, we would have when Nashville asked for him for Weber. that's how good our organization thinks this kid can be, and i would be extremely pissed off if we decided to say no to a trade for weber because it included Couturier, and then turned around and traded him for subban....
Probably because for the millionth time, the Flyers turned down Couturier AND Schenn ++ for Weber, not Couturier for Weber.

If Holmgren turned down Couturier for Weber, he should be fired.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote