View Single Post
01-07-2013, 10:38 PM
On a Soma Holiday
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by PavelBure10 View Post
Would this trade be fair?

Bozak is obviously the one who Mike Gillis wanted all a long. He has shown a great deal of interest in Bozak before, and with the gaping hole at the 3rd line center it just makes sense to involve Bozak in the deal.

Personally I'd be happy to get Cody Franson. He has great size, decent mobility, and most importantly a right handed shot. Something the Canucks D lacks of. Reading through these forums I think he's becoming highly underrated around here. I still think Franson has potential to be a 30 point defenseman in this league, and would look great on a defensive squad of Bieksa, Hamhuis, Garrison, Edler and Tanev. I'd be happy to have Franson's negotiating rights, and bring the B.C. defender back home where he belongs.

I don't expect to get a first rounder for Lu, but I do expect a very good prospect in return. After Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce, and maybe Schroeder. The Canucks have prospects who lack top end talent. Pretty much other then the ones I noted, no one has a chance to make the 1st or 2nd lines. To me, Kadri has to be part of the deal to take the sting away if the Canucks get burned in the Luongo trade. Which can easily happen. After this season, both Bozak and Franson could choose to sign elsewhere. Leaving the Canucks with nothing in return for the greatest goalie they've had in their franchise. While the Leafs laugh their way to the playoffs.
Absolutely no interest in Raymond, and not trading Kadri or Frattin now that we would be on the hook for paying for Luongo for the next decade even after he retires.