View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Titan124

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Ranger will probably make the Leafs, especially with Gardiner out with neck/concussion issues. They also have Franson as an RFA, the Isles might get lucky with a waiver pickup. Mike Kostka has been great with the Marlies, along with Ranger.

I think the Isles are down to Eaton, Campoli, Brett Clark, Kurtis Foster, Randy Jones or Jeff Finger...not a happy place when looking for help on defense. Maybe a Keith Ballard or Mike Komisarek buyout?
In that case forget the tryout and offer him money now. He's signed to an AHL contract, although with less than 2 weeks to the season I guess it's very wishful thinking.
In any case the Islanders definitely need bodies on defense. At this point I think they we only what, 7 or 8 defensemen under NHL contracts, maybe 4 of whom have any type of significant NHL experience. We need depth and someone who can play D. Any of those you listed would be fine, at least they can somewhat play at this level.

Also I see no one mentioning Barker. Has he regressed that much or can he still play in the NHL? Seems like the typical guy that the Islanders would give a second chance to.

Bartulis can also be an option. Obviously none of these players are ideal, but they're ones I can see the Isles throwing a bone to.

Last edited by Titan124: 01-07-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Titan124 is offline   Reply With Quote