View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 11:46 PM
SunshineRays

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Crisp View Post
Weiss would essentially be a high end rental player unless he somehow manages to squeeze into the 2nd line:

Booth Weiss Kesler

Otherwise, I'm with you: Weiss is gone come FA day. Maybe flip his rights at the draft, but otherwise not much value other than making a strong push for this season to win it all.

With the age of our core, that's a potential way to go. But at the cost of the best goalie this franchise has ever had... that's a hell of a price to pay.
Ya, I guess he could flip to wing once Kesler comes back, but he's still a FA in 6 months who'll be looking for a raise on his current $3.1M cap hit. And the would have just traded their #1 goaltender for a guy who might walk in 6 months. It's a bust idea from day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
If the Canucks get Weiss, you can bet he'll be on the 2nd line, either at wing or with Kesler moving to wing.
Then they'll still be without a 3rd line C. And like I said above, Weiss could walk in 6 months. If he stays, he'll be looking for Booth type $$. They can't afford either to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Weiss wouldnt be the 3rd line C. He'd be the 2nd line C or a 2nd line W (which he's accustomed to playing).

Not sure if they could re-sign him but I'd rather have 4-6 months of Weiss over Kadri + Bozak.

It's not even a thought in my mind actually.

And like many have said, if they added it's a no brainer.
Def not a no brainer to me. Zero interest in rental player for our #1 goaltender.