View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 01:46 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent42 View Post
No, cancelling 34 games doesn't change my opinion about the trade, but as I said it made me wonder about what value Pardy added to the deal. And I understand it's not a trade to turn Sabres into champs, but since Ott is a one year, does it change the culture long term?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with Ott and I'm happy with no Roy. I'm just wondering if Roy was sold cheap, that's all.
The only way the trade really works out a definite positive is if Ott re-signs or things work out well at center this year (especially due to a veteran addition). Because if we were only going to get 1 year out of either player, clearly we could use Roy at center right now.

I don't think Pardy ever should have influenced the evaluation of the trade either way, because I'm reasonably sure he wasn't significant to either GM in the negotiations. Dallas didn't want him and Darcy thought he was worth taking off their hands as part of the exchange is how I look at it. There's no way that's going to go bad for Buffalo, though it's not likely to be of great benefit, either. Though with McNabb doing as poorly as he is, it sure doesn't hurt to have Pardy there ahead of him in the organizational list.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote