View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 02:29 AM
Bieksallent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
I addressed this in my post, (a few before yours, i edited it before you posted with the same comments and concerns about flordias center situation) and the only thing I can think is they want to get an asset back. Although I dont know how badly they want lou or if that makes sense.

Lou would also be long term so they wouldnt necessarily be bringing lou in for a cup run this year.

I dont know i see your points and mentioned them as well. If your flordias gm and you know this guy is walking this summer what do you do? Keep him because you need him this year or trade him for an asset so you get something back? Although they might want to try to get a different asset back if they trade him, (a center), but I have no idea.

That is if he walks. We have no idea.
Probably hold on to him until you know how your team looks. If they're a bubble team without much promise or worse, then it would be wise to move him for something while you can. Moving him now would send a pretty bad message to the Panther fanbase even if you bring back Luongo. They'd then have to move more pieces to replace Weiss if they wanted to ice a competitive team this season.