View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 03:54 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
[/B]

We might just have to, I honestly have no big problem with it, this is a shortened season and anything can happen. I love Luongo, and would love him on the leafs, but only if it works for both teams. If the Leafs miss the playoffs, so be it, as long as the core develops properly moving forward.

You'll find a lot of Leaf Fans that love Reimer, and if we could succeed with the guy, we'd definitely choose to. He's just an unbelievably nice person, you always want to see people like that succeed. He was stellar in his first years with the Leafs, and continued on that path his second season starting 4-0-1. However, that neck/concussion injury really did him in, and he couldn't recover, hopefully it's behind him.

One of the big reasons I want Luongo, is that he can help mentor a guy like Reimer, I'd love for Reimer to be the goalie of the future, he's a refreshing personality.

Question: Does Burke keep both Scrivens and Reimer if he acquires Luongo?

On the point of running with your existing goaltenders: What do you think happens if Reimer fails to deliver? Does it get that much harder to get another goaltender, knowing that other teams know you have a greater need?