View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 04:09 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

vCash: 500
For everyone dead set on keeping the current logo, which I absolutely love and am still sad they are leaving Nassau, it doesn't make sense after the move.

Once they move to the Barclays center, the I pointing to where the Vet is becomes invalid and inaccurate, which I hate on logos. It becomes a classic logo like many others. I don't see how keeping the logo is the key to keeping the fans that are mad about the move.

I also would hate a name change, but just like with the logo, the name Islanders still strikes me as wrong. Yes, Brooklyn is technically on Long Island, but people who live in or are from Brooklyn don't say Long Island.

As a person who is big into logos/unis, it irritates me to have inaccuracies in names and logos. It would kill me to see the Islanders no longer the Islanders and have a new logo, but having a name and logo based on a location that changes loses validity.

Personally I look forward to a Brooklyn jersey and love the original concept harkening to the Dodgers. The Brooklyn Bridge is a great icon and makes a great logo, it would be silly not to utilize it.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote