View Single Post
Old
06-12-2006, 11:08 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan
I don't think they have the best team, though they are certainly good enough to win the Cup. I think Buffalo was a better team, actually, but they got hit by the injury bug with a vengeance.

Which is part of the frustration with the 'Canes -- they're really good enough to win a Cup but it's nonetheless being practically handed to them, so they haven't had to work for it nearly as hard as they might have. It's not the 'Canes fault, of course, but it's still frustrating if you prefer the other teams. Seriously, nevermind what would have happened if their opponents hadn't got hurt. What do you think would've happened if they'd lost against Buffalo or the Oilers in spite of the injuries?

The Habs were not better than the 'Canes, but they were playing better for much of the series nonetheless. Upsets do happen and that series had all the makings of one.

That doesn't mean I have to approve of the 'Canes, the way they play, or the way they carry themselves. Or maybe it's just Brind'Amour and he's coloring things.
I'd take Brind'Amour over any of our glorified ballerinas.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote