View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 05:32 AM
chsb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Etienne Salvail can't score, is pretty soft... Doesn't really have much of anything except being a guy who gets 3rd/4th line minutes... Didn't want to play there maybe... Good move by LGM for what he's dealing with.

As for the Titan trade period as a whole, it's been typical. 12 moves this past month, and 16 in the season... But, for what position they're in I give LGM credit for doing what he's done.

Hynes experiment didn't work, traded for a better 20 and moved up one round in the draft, not bad. Banville didn't want to be there, an ok 3rd liner, good way to get some picks. Taking a chance on Walsh and Gingras may pay off, they're still young.... Not sure I agree with trading his first for a guy like Brouillard considering where they are in the standings.

There wasn't much he could do really, as there clearly wasn't major interest in his overagers, so he couldn't sell... No matter what LGM did the vultures (and they are circling) will nit-pick everything he does and criticize him lol... I also sometimes get the sense that he can't afford to house these players so he moves them in January lol.
Good call on the trade period as a whole!

I also think that Delorme will play a bigger role than expected on the team from what I saw.
Also Pelletier is pretty good for a guy who was out of Junior Major for a full season period.

Finally the sentence "he can't afford to house these players so he moves them in January " can be answered this way:
he has the same amount of players now to house than he had in December prior to the trade period.

Brouillard was paid dearly simply because te market dictated that price.

The Titan are an improved team this morning compared to the start of the trading period.
The question that remains to be answered is to what extent.

The regular followers of the Titan already noticed a significant improvement so far.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote