View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Capsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I may have been one of the few not yelling at the TV to yank RG3. I wasn't yelling at the rabbit ears when Gibbs didn't yank Doug Williams in the superbowl up 14.

That was the problem, Mike was playing this like it was the super bowl or the last game of his career. And Doug Williams running, was not a part of our offense.

Hindsight, sure, he should have yanked him in the 1st quarter. But we have seen RG3 limping along for 3 weeks now, haven't we? No one I know called for him to be yanked before Sunday but he clearly has been at half speed.

Mike was influenced by RG3's words. We all have been, all year. Mike is supposed to be the smarter guy, but with RG3 limping along and our defense keeping the game close, he just crossed his fingers. We all did.

Losing Garcon crushed our offense. That lame duck shotgun snap was a back breaker. Alligator Arms Hank's drop was our final nail in the coffin. A dumb route - coming across the middle, we all know he detests contact.

Poor Cousins sitting in our "pocket" could barely even complete a throwing motion. We are not built to come back, sure RG3 pulled it off a few times this year, but we are not a pocket passing come from behind team. We don't even have a hands back.
Randy, the difference is that Cousins came in down 2 scores when we almost CERTAINLY had to throw and Seattle was pinning its ears back. Earlier in the game when there was the threat of running I'm pretty convinced he would have been more effective than RG3, who was frankly horrible passing (and again, I don't blame him because as we discussed I believed his throwing wa significantly affected)