View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 09:17 AM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
FYI April 5th is the deadline for this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
Yes and no - Boston still has to lock up Rask (I believe he'd get a raise, but his salary is pretty hefty already) and add another D-man if they don't re-sign Ference. This would be a team that we could trade in only hockey deals with, where we give up talent, and we take talent back, just with a higher price tag.

Chicago would have to make decisions on Stalberg, Frolik, and Leddy - plus, McNeill will be in their lineup in 2 years, and his entry level deal will be about what Stalberg's hometown discount may be. They might have to clear room, given who they have on contract for the next 3 years, including this year.

All of those teams have scenarios that play out where they might move a piece now, prepping for some real tough decisions about who to keep. Maybe I'm buying into teams reducing their salary sooner, rather than later, but I think these are the only teams poised to reduce their salary. All other teams are fine for next year, in relation to cap space...
We are likely to see more trades than last season and teams will try to re-sign most of their free agents before 7/10. No teams are in dire need to make trades. But they may want to so they can stay competitive. Some teams may want to shed contracts because they don't expect/want to re-sign the soon-to-be free agent .: Toronto and Bozak, Connolly, and Lombardi (what I perceive as 3rd line centers for the 'Yotes). 1 team that intrigues me is the Wild with Clutterbuck and Backstrom reaching free agency and Harding as a question mark. I'm sure they would love to get Korpikoski (not advocating, but if the 'Yotes can get Clutterbuck and Setoguchi and only lose Korpi, I would be for it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
I would be too but i believe D-Mo has an NTC.
According to capgeek, it's a limited NTC. What are the limits? Don't know. I like Stone and see him as the heir apparent to Morris. The Isles have better options than trading an asset (kinda like the 'Yotes) and the only defenders I would like the Coyotes to shop are Summers and/or Schlemko and only if the trade improves the roster.