Thread: Proposal: Habs-Flyers proposal
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
This could all be solved I you would have actually just watched him play last season. Evidently you did not because as it stands you have NO idea what you're talking about. The fact that you just compared couturier to Eller rectifies that.
I DID ACTUALLY watch all of the players in question last year. Eller was comparable to Couturier, not better than him. However, we have nobody COMPARABLE to Subban. Unless you are under some notion that Couturier is head and shoulders above Eller, which he is not. Couturier is better, but they are comparable.

I love the fun part of your post where you try to dismiss everything I say without any kind of objective support at all simply because you do not understand what is meant when someone says "we have our own version of Couturier in Eller".

Please, try to actually use something other than your own uninformed opinion to dismiss what I say in the future.

This is an example of comparable:

Both players played on the third line as a center.

Couturier: 77 GP, 27 points, +18, 82 hits, 33 blocked shots, +22 takeaways, TOI/ES: 10:59, PK:2:41, PP::26

Eller: 79 GP, 28 points, -5, 72 hits, 55 blocked shots, +11 takeaways, TOI/ES: 12:57, PK: 1:41, PP: .39

They are incredibly close, statistically. They play the same position on the same line. They are the very definition of COMPARABLE. Couturier comes out ahead, but not significantly so.

Please, try to include small things like facts when you try to dismiss someone who has watched and loved hockey for almost 4 decades.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote