2012 - 2013 lines
View Single Post
01-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Originally Posted by
Isles used Bailey at RW last year as well as Grabner.
Also Boyes can/has played a lot of centre (though I think he's better suited to RW)
Brock Nelson was playing centre in BP all year, before he got hurt. Played LW in his last year in the NCAA but a C the year before that (as I recall)
They have options without Strome.
I suspect they'll go something like this:
Moulson Tavares Okposo
Joensuu Boyes Bailey
Martin Nielsen Grabner
I don't expect Strome to make the team (except maybe a few games in the beginning, but unlikely in a 48 game season I'd think)
I don't expect Nino or anyone else to make the NHL team either, except Ullstrom or Cizikas or both.
As excited as we are to have hockey, let's not kid ourselves, this is still a really bad hockey team with a lot of question marks. This is a bad forward crop and it's the strength of the team compared to defense and goaltending!
In order to be remotely close to a playoff spot the team will need:
- Nabokov to play at least as well as last year.
- Hamonic to be healthy
- Visnovsky to come to camp, to start
- Boyes needs to take his PAP injections
- Grabner needs to regain his early 2011 form
- MAYBE one of Strome/Nino/Nelson can step in and be our Jeff Skinner!
- MAYBE one of deHaan (oops), Donovan, Reinhart can step in and be our Erik Karlsson (okay, maybe reaching with that one)!
They need one more solid defenseman and a lot of luck in the health dept.
The team's success/failure sits in these wildcard elements. Everyone else will be pretty consistent in what they'll deliver (IMO).
Joensuu on the 2nd line? How much has he improved since his last stint with the Isles?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by goal1228