Montreal:
Josh Gorges

-----------------

Ottawa:
6th Round Pick 2014
Chris Wideman

Vancouver:
Keith Ballard

I don't think the Montreal trade would ever happen because of the rivalry but I think the value is there.
Ottawa:
Sergei Gonchar

Pittsburgh:
2nd Round Pick 2013

Gonchar for a 2nd round pick would be the dumbest trade possible... We need D-men, Gonchar is our 2nd best, produce about 40 points (22nd in D-men scoring last year, despite missing 8 games) and a 2nd round pick COULD pay off in 4 or 5 years, maybe. What's the point of doing that trade?

Murray : "well, the Pens wanted Gonchar back so we thought that adding a good prospect to our already stacked prospect pool could be a big difference maker in the end. Screw the playoffs this season, it's a shortened season anyway"

We don't need cap space, and Gonchar is UFA in 48 games, he's not a burden at all

Ottawa:
Milan Michalek
2nd Round Pick 2013

Montreal:
Josh Gorges

lol

Josh Gorges is a good player but Milan Michalek is not some kind of scrub... he scored 35 goals last year, 11th in NHL goals scoring and got 60 points... Only 54 NHL forwards scored more than 60 pts... He plays on our 1st line and is our 2nd best forward after Spezza (since Turris and Silfverberg are so young and unproven and Alfie is close to retirement)

And we have to ADD a 2nd round pick?

The underrating and unappreciation of Michalek on this board is sickening

Ottawa:
6th Round Pick 2014
Chris Wideman

Vancouver:
Keith Ballard

Makes more sense, Ballard value is low because of salary and recent performance... Canucks need to get rid of salary. If no other team "bid" on Ballard, it could be enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
If we get Subban, we would not qualify for a lottery pick. That 2nd could be arranged with a quick trade.
Are you sure of that? Habs had Subban last year and they ended up with the 3rd overall pick...

I wouldn't mind trading for him though but the price to get him and the salary that he wants are turn-off

Last edited by Xspyrit: 01-08-2013 at 10:19 AM.