View Single Post
01-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Mr. Hab
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
LOL So true. "We" are big suckers indeed. The fanatics will follow this 48-games season with their usual passion.

As far as I'm concerned, I think the teams should sell tickets at half price for this meaningless half-season. Whether it makes more sense that the normal NHL season itself be shorter is beside the point. A regular NHL season is 82 games, not 60, nor 48. It's like 100m sprinters running only 50m in the earlier rounds to reach the 100m finals. Doesn't make sense to me. Which ever team wins the Cup after this half-season won nothing in my book. The Leafs didn't make the playoffs even if they do after this half-season. Carey Price didn't win the Vezina even if he does after this half-season.

Anyway, that's only me.
No, it's not only you. I feel the same way or very close to what you wrote. I'm being very honest when I write that I am happy (on one hand) that nhl hockey will be on tv again ('cause I love NHL caliber hockey) but still unhappy/bitter (on the other hand)...the players/owners are bickering over millions provided by nhl fans and they lock out the fans whenever they feel like it and decide to come back for more money (they're pissing on fans, as simple as that).
And the next time Bettman thanks the fans again for their patience...someone should throw a pie at his face (and not a pie filled with lemon!).

And, yeah...the season will be a half-*** season! (anything so that the players/owners will get money). I'm actually scared that this weird half-*** season can provide the Leaves with a Cup! (anything could happen in such a short season!).

Tickets at half price:
that's what I say/want! but you know the owners and players are NEVER going to do that...too greedy, too used to their million$ every season...players/owners are actually increasing the prices every season 'cause it's never enough for them!(1 mil is not enough...2 mil is not has to be 4 mil, 5 mil, 8 mil/year,etc... (and that's why the tickets, jerseys,etc, are so expensive...gotta keep feeding the spoiled rotten millionaires).
It would be great if they had games where it is 50% off, but...that would be respecting the fans...not something they ever do. They're good at ****ing the fans every chance they get (expensive beer, jerseys, ridiculous ticket prices, ludicrous playoff ticket prices,etc.).

Go NHL Go!! (come back whenever you want! after will be back for the million$ the fans will pay you...and then some of you will b.s. us with half-*** apologies that mean came back for your million$, and not for the fans, that's it, that's all... don't fool us with your b.s. apologies... doesn't mean a thing since you'll do it again and again).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-08-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote