View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Seriously, why is everyone overlooking Nieves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Not enough noise has been made about him. When I brought him up, the idea was shut down because it is supposedly very easy to become a first liner in Michigan. But it's not that easy, no matter whether the team is strong or not. He's playing D1 hockey as an 18-year-old freshman. Being a first liner is an excellent start to his career, and the fact that he can keep it up as a first liner and prove that he can do a decent job there is a very good sign.
Because he is the type you overlook!

First of all, his skating it not interesting, in lack of better words, in anyway. Its flawed that can be corrected, so he can't correct it, but its not good enough to stand out for a good prospect. He is not electric flashy, but still dipsy doddles with the puck. He is not a sniper nor a playmaker. Nor a stiff nor a player who won't shoot the puck.

He is everything and nothing.

Then all of a sudden he stands there as Travis Zajac II due to having grown into a grown mans body and having a sharp head and decent skills or he doesn't and scores like 15 pts in 80 games in the AHL.

I think Hrivik is in the same mold too.

Many players who makes it are extremely good at something, and then rounds out. Or has like a big flaw, which he can correct. Then you have the very solid prospects, but they are often picked very high and like stays on the map. But the kids like Neives who kind has most things, but still no ability that stands out, can really come from behind in a hurry. The best example I can think of in this mold on the top of my head is Dan Girardi...