vCash: 1000
My lines :

Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfie
Smith-Regin-Neil
Greening-O'Brien-Condra
Daugavins

* Latendresse fits better with Spezza and Michalek
* Silfverberg fits better with Turris and Alfie, will learn more and have less pressure there
* Regin as the 3rd line center because of playmaking ability. He is going to be protected by Neil and Smith
* Gotta love the defensive awereness of that 4th line. They can also score

Really like those lines and it can only get better once guys like Zibanejad, Prince, Stone, Petersson, Noesen, Puempel and Da Costa graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
We are a much deeper team at the forward position then we were last year. We lost Foligno, which is a loss for sure, but he is replaced by Regin, Latendresse and Silf as well as guys gaining experience such as Greening, Condra and O'brien. Along with these guys, we have Stone who could see some time with the club. We don't have to worry about icing a complete forward lineup, and for the first time in a while we don't have to worry about our goaltending.

Even with the additions in both these areas, I still don't think we will be able to crack the playoffs with our sub-par defense. I hope I am proved wrong and will gladly eat crow.
Very good post. You're right, we don't have to worry about our offense and goaltending. We finished 4th in scoring last year and I don't see PM changing his system

We have to fix the defense... Lundin will be back but Cowen is very hard to replace.

People have to stay realistic about this team though, they are one of the less spending teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegarrioch View Post
You think Regin is going to be a near-PPG player?

I can't see how he's a "huge addition" to our team, either. He's OK, but completely replaceable.
lol dude... only 54 forwards scored 60 points or more last year... You don't have to be a PPG player to be effective... Very few players are PPG in today's game

If regin plays his high-end 200 feet game and scores at a 35 points pace, that would be awesome.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote