View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I understand your reasoning, but disagree with your wording.

If Visnovsky has chosen not to play for the Islanders because he's getting paid more to play elsewhere, then it seems the two situations are different from each other, as one could be considered greedy, while the other could not.

Either way, I don't care about the Visnovsky deal. And I realize that my emotional investment into the Thomas situation and any negative feelings I have as a result, are due to MY selfishness - not Tim Thomas'.
It would be, but that isn't the reasoning he gave. He isn't coming back to the NHL because the situation he is in right now is better for his family. That makes it the same scenario.

All signs point to it being just as much to do with getting dealt to the Isles, but just as equally all signs pointed to Thomas being unhappy with Bruins brass when he left as well. We can't guess on one, it would be wrong to guess on the other.

That was my only point. You can't support one and hate on the other... well you can but it makes you hypocritical. Similarly, supporting Thomas and dissing Soderberg also seems a bit disingenuous now. Maybe people will be a bit more sympathetic to his reasoning as well? Radulov also?

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote