Thread: Proposal: Habs-Flyers proposal
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 11:48 AM
JohnEDrama

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I DID ACTUALLY watch all of the players in question last year. Eller was comparable to Couturier, not better than him. However, we have nobody COMPARABLE to Subban. Unless you are under some notion that Couturier is head and shoulders above Eller, which he is not. Couturier is better, but they are comparable.

I love the fun part of your post where you try to dismiss everything I say without any kind of objective support at all simply because you do not understand what is meant when someone says "we have our own version of Couturier in Eller".

Please, try to actually use something other than your own uninformed opinion to dismiss what I say in the future.

This is an example of comparable:

Both players played on the third line as a center.

Couturier: 77 GP, 27 points, +18, 82 hits, 33 blocked shots, +22 takeaways, TOI/ES: 10:59, PK:2:41, PP::26

Eller: 79 GP, 28 points, -5, 72 hits, 55 blocked shots, +11 takeaways, TOI/ES: 12:57, PK: 1:41, PP: .39

They are incredibly close, statistically. They play the same position on the same line. They are the very definition of COMPARABLE. Couturier comes out ahead, but not significantly so.

Please, try to include small things like facts when you try to dismiss someone who has watched and loved hockey for almost 4 decades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I see no mention of the age of the players in question when they did this. I assume that your 4 decades of experience would tell you that the 3 years and 8 months of development time between when Couturier did what he did at 18/19 would matter at least a little bit in comparison to what Eller did at age 21/22. No AHL time. No year at the NHL level the year before. No season at the AHL level nor cup of tea at the NHL level before that.

While I understand the overall sentiment about the trade, I would argue that the comparison of Couturier and Eller only holds water if you live in a bubble where circumstance and NHL level training/experience doesn't matter in development.
Moreover, Couturier played almost exclusively on the 4th line except for those 2 games or so when Giroux was out.

I dont know who Eller regularly played with but Couturier's linemates were usually a combination of Max Talbot, Jody Shelly, Zac Rinaldo and Eric Wellwood.

JohnEDrama is offline   Reply With Quote