View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
As a person diagnosed with ADHD at 9 years and put on ritalin, I can agree with Minimalist's issues on its legitimacy. I became more anti-social and still didn't see any improvement in school or generic attention span. I stopped taking it my last year in high school and got some of the best grades I had there and quickly became more social (though I'm still somewhat awkward even today).

Of course, this is all largely anecdotal, but it definitely had no success with me.

I do, however, have an issue with calling the drugs "synthetic cocaine". They're similar structurally, but they're much different in how they work, their side effects and their tolerance. Using such a term seems to be nothing short of needless fear-mongering. The controversy over it stands strong enough on its own and it's lack of evidence supporting it without needing to try and present it as a type of addictive and dangerous drug.

Leafsdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote