View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 11:59 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
The PI non-call on Moss was the final nail. Seahawks were a bunch of thugs. Thugs I tell you, THUGS!

The only cloud here, is we dont have a ton of draft picks to reload, and we have a strapped salary cap situation.

I dont know-- a lot went right for the Skins to be 10-6 and win the NFC. NFC East was woeful, some players stepped up where it wasnt assumed they would, etc etc. Without RG3, this was another 5-11 team, I am afraid. We dont beat all of Dallas 2x, or New York (or New Orleans, Minn, Tampa, Balt) without him.

Future looks "better" for sure. But I would not assume a better season next year than the one we just had. The difference between 6-10 and 10-6 in the NFL is a few small things. They go "right", and you're 10-6. "wrong", and your 6-10. Skins had a lot go "right", even with all the defensive injuries.

Will see, a lot can happen.
The refs let the Seahawks play and it worked to their advantage. On their interception I saw Garcon clearly interfered with so as to prevent him from making a play on the ball for instance.

Our drafting has been superb so not having a 1st is no big deal as long as they keep up the good work.

RGIII is awesome but Cousins is absolutely no slouch as he showed in the Cleveland game.

The salary cap situation will be done with the year after next and Bruce is very good with the Cap. Guys like Moss and DeAngelo will be back at reduced figures.

I think alot went WRONG for the skins. They were decimated by injuries and suspensions on D. Garcon playing one quarter basically in the first half of the season didn't exactly help.

Davis, Garcon, Carriker, Merriweather, Jackson and Orakpo going out so very early in the season was no good.

Merriweather played the best half of safety the Skins have had since ST.

They were 5-11 with Grossman and no Garcon. Cousins is much better than Grossman and the division is older and worse. 10-6 is completely reasonable with Cousins starting next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

Without RG3, our offense has no identity at all.
Did you not watch the game vs Cleveland? I disagree with you on this one. It reminded me of the Shanahan offense with Jake Plummer only with a better QB.

Kyle did a good job this year. Could he have done some things differently vs the Seahawks? Sure but he had an off game and a severly limited QB.