View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
To be fair, it's not just in Qc. Maybe it is when speaking of hockey players, but that's because hockey is huge here. Just look at the paparazzis hovering over celebrities in the States. Hockey players are our stars in Mtl. So, despite not agreeing with it, or not sharing the interest, I can understand that some people get excited when they see a hockey player in the streets, or wtv.
What I don't understand is when so called experts discuss hockey related subjects (like players) and are completely, but completely way off. That's not stirring controversy, that's just being flat out wrong.
Imagine a TV station about real estate, and the experts on certain shows gave out bad ideas and opinions. What do you think would happen to them and their shows??
For some reason, it's accepted for the hockey related shows. I just don't get it.

I would love nothing more to listen to shows where people are actually bringing up interesting facts, and discussing various opinions intelligently. Heck, I'm sure we could round up a group of 10 posters from here and create a much more informative and interesting show than the garbage out there. Sadly, that'll never happen.

You and me both. Though I've come across some that do.

The reason they do it is because it sells. The majority of the population doesn't care about coaching systems, team defense, statistics, you name it...They like this crap. That's why they do it.