View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Dabomb

vCash: 500
Flames last year won 37 games, which is their lowest win total in like 10 years. Their GF/GA differential was not much better than the Oilers as well. Iginla is now much closer to a ~30 goal scorer than a >40 goal scorer. He was also a -10 player which is his lowest +/- since 02/03. As much respect that I have for Iginla, I think his age is catching up to him and we're now witnessing the start of the decline in his career. Their once great goaltending and defence which used to average under 200 goals against during their cup run days, is now averaging around 230 goals against, which isn't that much better than the 239 goals against allowed by the Oilers last year. And their offence has barely scratched over 200 goals for in 2 of the last 3 years. I think these are clear signs that the Flames are starting to regress and the gap between the Flames and Oilers is closing. It'll be a tight race between the two teams this year though. But as many posters have said, I think it'll rely on how Kipper plays. He's the main reason for the Flames success.

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote