View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 12:18 PM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinalera View Post
Wondering as a gesture, about having contests to let select fans present Stanley Cup and Conference trophies in leiu of Bettman and co? Maybe the fans who win get a day with the cup before hand or whatever. Not just this year either, every year-let the fans get more involved in the presentations of these things.

I agree though, the fans need to let the NHL know this time they are not pleased.
I think the commishioner always presents the trophy in every sport. Yes I know Bettman gets booed when he does it, but I dont think he'd abdicate this responsibility to a fan.

Fans spending a day with the cup (by themselves) is also a bad idea IMHO. It cheapens it, if people want to see " the" cup they can go to the HHOF. They want to have a day with it, devote your life to the game and get in line. When the players get the day, they get to decide where it goes, throwing in a contest winner just throws a wrench into it.

I kind of like the "fan in the dressing room" contest that the NFL is running the add for ( with the 49ers and Harbaugh) but I think that instead of focusing one one ( or a few) lucky fans it would be better to spread it out over all the fans even if what each fan gets ends up being less.

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote