View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Bergevin is trying to implement a contractual team structure and I fully support him. If it was good enough for Pacioretty and Price, it's good enough for Subban imo.
I have no problem with have a structure. I disagree however with PK being on par with MaxPac and Price.
I already made several posts explaining why, but in a nutshell, MaxPac had not proved anything after his ELC and he was coming back from a massive injury where his life was almost at risk, so it made sense for him to get a short term deal to prove himself.
As for Price, he had showed good and bad things, potential was a key word. He was overplayed by back up Halak that had become the Hero here, he only won 13 games that season. So, it made sense for him not to get that big of a deal. Thankfully, he bounced back with a career year playing in 72 games.

PK on the other hand had an amazing rookie year, and some like to say he didn't have that great of a season last year, but I disagree. He had a rougher time during some games, but he was still solid. So, I don't think he's at all on par with where those guys were after their ELC. He's ahead of them both. So, only fair he gets more.