Thread: Speculation: Wild to obtain a Dman?
View Single Post
01-08-2013, 01:20 PM
vCash: 500
The Jablonski thing was just out of control. I got sick of it after a while. It was like, I remember two kids that got paralyzed when I was growing up (one by Mr. Hockey who was just two years older than me playing for the Governors in Pee-Wee. They forced him to move to Bantams after that he was such a dominant player).

But PC has run amok.

Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Unfortunately I think the human body is reaching its physical limits when it comes to concussions. There have always been big hitters, but there used to be some natural "give" in the hitting players. Now, 19 year olds have more muscle mass than 30 year old vets did even just 15-20 years ago.

However, now that I say that, I am not sure "big hits" are the problem in concussions. I almost see more concussions from a well placed shoulder or elbow to the heads, which you could maybe limit through cracking down on hits to the head.

But there isn't going to be a good solution.
No, there isn't. I do though see the political correctness starting to take grips EVERYWHERE in society. That said, please ban the fighting before you ban the hits. Please, for God's sake.

Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
But don't even get me started on "political correctness".

The know-it-alls that we all hated in grade school now run everything.
Ha, that's true. The wishy washy ones who never threw a ball or took or threw a hit in their lives.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote