View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 01:21 PM
MikeK

vCash: 10000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
There are those (Leaf fans) who are opposed to bringing Luongo in at all. I agree, that's a little off. But there are those of us who aren't anti-Luongo, we feel now is not the time to deal 1st round picks and young playeres/prospects for an older player.
Ponying up is definitely a fine line to walk on and one that many people would rather avoid. But Luongo is one of those talents that, no matter how many young prospects and high draft picks you have, you may never hit the lotto with. Luongo is a legit elite goalie with still lots of hockey left in him. I don't care what anyone say about his contract, he's a game changer and instantly makes any team better when playing in their net. If my team hadn't been in the playoffs for 7/8 years? and has really been a bust the last 10 I would be praying for my GM to make a bold move and get a guy like Luongo who could instantly make a difference. Unlike young prospects and picks that may never pan out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Biggest problem is his ego, followed by evaluating goalie talent, followed by the inability to tie his tie up so it won't keep falling off.
haha so true. I actually think Burke is a good GM. He does have an ego and loves to hear himself speak but he's generally good at what he does. It is really too bad that he doesn't have any idea how to evaluate goalies because he'd have multiple rings if he did.