View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Stewie G
Erskine for Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
The refs let the Seahawks play and it worked to their advantage. On their interception I saw Garcon clearly interfered with so as to prevent him from making a play on the ball for instance.

Our drafting has been superb so not having a 1st is no big deal as long as they keep up the good work.

RGIII is awesome but Cousins is absolutely no slouch as he showed in the Cleveland game.

The salary cap situation will be done with the year after next and Bruce is very good with the Cap. Guys like Moss and DeAngelo will be back at reduced figures.

I think alot went WRONG for the skins. They were decimated by injuries and suspensions on D. Garcon playing one quarter basically in the first half of the season didn't exactly help.

Davis, Garcon, Carriker, Merriweather, Jackson and Orakpo going out so very early in the season was no good.

Merriweather played the best half of safety the Skins have had since ST.

They were 5-11 with Grossman and no Garcon. Cousins is much better than Grossman and the division is older and worse. 10-6 is completely reasonable with Cousins starting next year.

Did you not watch the game vs Cleveland? I disagree with you on this one. It reminded me of the Shanahan offense with Jake Plummer only with a better QB.

Kyle did a good job this year. Could he have done some things differently vs the Seahawks? Sure but he had an off game and a severly limited QB.
The fan bases of just about every team in the league that is no longer playing could make a list of things that went wrong for their team that would be just as long or longer than yours, so it isn't like the Skins were at some serious disadvantage against every team they played.

It will be interesting to see what kinds of moves the other teams in the NFC East make. It's is very likely their teams will be improved by the time camp breaks next year. Prior to last offseason, I don't know if many Skins fans would have expected RGIII to have the kind of year he had or for them to have the 2nd leading rusher in the league on their squad. Change happens much more quickly in the NFL than in most of the other leagues.