View Single Post
01-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Kjell Dahlin
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I have no problem with have a structure. I disagree however with PK being on par with MaxPac and Price.
I already made several posts explaining why, but in a nutshell, MaxPac had not proved anything after his ELC and he was coming back from a massive injury where his life was almost at risk, so it made sense for him to get a short term deal to prove himself.
As for Price, he had showed good and bad things, potential was a key word. He was overplayed by back up Halak that had become the Hero here, he only won 13 games that season. So, it made sense for him not to get that big of a deal. Thankfully, he bounced back with a career year playing in 72 games.

PK on the other hand had an amazing rookie year, and some like to say he didn't have that great of a season last year, but I disagree. He had a rougher time during some games, but he was still solid. So, I don't think he's at all on par with where those guys were after their ELC. He's ahead of them both. So, only fair he gets more.
I also think that Subban is ahead of Pacioretty in terms of his contribution to the team at this age but I am not sure regarding Price to be honest.

Also we should not undervalue the importance of the word "team" in "contractual team structure". The whole concept is not just about money imo: if you want to play with Montreal, you will need to put the team first... that kind of thing. A good example would be Hossa, a few years ago, signing for slightly less than his market value in an effort to respect Detroit's contractual team structure.

Subban is, by far, one of my favorite players but if he refuses to accept the team structure, I would be willing to ship him out of town. Subban must not forget that this contractual team structure's main objective is to build a contender. The question is not "Does the team see me in its future"; it is "Is Subban willing to make a sacrifice in an effort to build a contender"... imo!

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 01-08-2013 at 01:40 PM.