Old
01-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
Why haven't I looked at this thread before? Facepalm

The family relocated to Erie when i was young. Yes, Erie sucks. Yes, it's a mini-Canada. Oh, and yes, the Tim Hortons per capita is strange.

With that said. Idk if this has ever been mentioned, but take a trip to Erie. Watch Connor McDavid and pick up some Erie Brewing Co. beer.

They have a variety of APA and IPA ales. Railbender and Presque Isle Pilsner are actually really good...others are questionable...

And did I see the word Heineken? Only memory I have with that particular beer was frosh year of college. We got one of those mini kegs. It was so bad that whoever won a game of beer pong got to drink the Bud Heavy instead.

...gonna have to search this thread. I feel like there are a lot of micro suggestions...
Lavery Brewing in Erie makes a yummy Belfast Black Smoked Porter. Not as smoky as you might expect, which made it even better for me. Can't get it in Columbus, though, and I've been hit-and-miss finding it when I get back to Pittsburgh to visit my folks. Anyone ever had any of their other brews?