View Single Post
01-08-2013, 01:55 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
My theory:
Pardy was a salary dump on the part of the Stars (like Kotalik). He was not in their plans and nobody wanted him. It was the Sabres "payment" for the Stars to pay Roy during his recovery from surgery this fall.

I think Pardy will be waived and assigned to Rochester for depth. $1.1 million of his salary will count towards the cap this year.

Maybe we can trade him to the Islanders since Vishnovsky is staying in Slovakia. We can pay half his salary and the Islanders can keep his cap hit (if the rule works that way, still confused about that one).
Yes, the value of an injured Roy with one year left was not as much as the value of Ott with two years left, so Regier agreed to take on the salary of a player that Dallas didn't need. I said then and I still think now that Roy would've had more value after returning healthy and improving his stats (which would've been very hard NOT to do) as a trade deadline acquisition for a team needing scoring or having lost a top-two C to injury. But, as it turns out, Roy was possibly in need of surgery which perhaps Buffalo was unwilling to bother with. I'm in favor of trading Roy, but I thought they could've gotten a better value for him.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote