View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Allaboard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhljohnson View Post
I said it and, you're right, I made an assumption. Which may very be correct for all I know. But if you did read the article, that makes your 'joke' even more bizarre.

Snark for snark, buddy.
You are confusing me ? Joke ? Bizarre ? "snark for snark" ? My point is this. It is the goal of every NHL team to win the Stanley Cup, not to merely "make" the playoffs. In order to do this you MUST integrate young talent into your lineup at a reasonable pace. To load your team with serviceable veterans in order to squeak into the playoffs will hurt in the long run. Guy Boucher said yesterday " there is always room in the lineup for better players", and this needs to be done this season. Conacher is 23 years old with one year after this on his contract, now is the time to see if he can make it, if he can't cut him loose. The next in line should be Tyler Johnson, what more does he need to do to get a look? Panik, Killorn, Brown, Palat, Gudas, Barbeiro, and Tokarski are all knocking on the door. Vladdy could also be ready next year, not to mention the juniors players that will be arriving soon. I just found it somewhat ironic that a site called Bolt Prospects took the veteran route. Bizarre (if you say so ???)

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote