View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Phu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWShark View Post
Always amazes me how some of you come to these conclusions...

If the sharks PK even sniffs upper 3rd of the league they are the division winner with a top 5 record in the league. They have a dominant power play that should only get better with new coaches and Burns in his second year here along with hopefully a healthy Havlat and resurgent Demers. The 2nd power play unit will be as good as many teams first. The Kings will be their stiffest competition for the division but they just got healthy and hot at the right time last year. They aren't a better team except in goal. I also believe Stuart will have a great effect on how all the D-men are used as well. 10 games in the sharks blue line will one of the best and deepest in hockey.

If they get hit by as many injuries as last year they will be a 7 seed again.

BTW... I truly hope this is the year that Detroit finally sucks...
This. The difference between the Sharks as a 7th seed and comfortably winning the division again was unprecedented terrible luck last season. Remember that ONE more win would have won the division, let alone the several that were lost to rotten luck.

They should compete for the division again easily. They are still pretty stacked.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote