View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 03:30 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
My guess is that management would like Lehner to play the whole yr in Bingo especially this yr with the team doing so well. The experience & maybe another Calder Cup run would certainly help not just Lehner's confidence but all of the prospects playing in Bingo.

I would think that Murray waits until the trade deadline to move Bishop unless he gets an offer he cannot refuse sooner. He can always find a backup at the sametime. I think his first priority is a good young defenceman & that might not be available until next yr when teams need to shed salary. In the meantime a stop gap measure in a FA like Foster makes the most sense & allows some of the better prospects in Bingo to be called up & get some NHL experience.
Why would you guess that when the coach has already publicly said that whoever plays the best will be in Ottawa?

Lehner has nothing to prove in the AHL. He's ready to move on. Being the #1 in Binghamton does nothing to develop him. He's beyond the AHL level, and he needs to take the next step.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote