View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 02:45 PM
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Spare part on a bad team and not used speaks for itself as to the value he has to the team was my point..

This wasn't a case of Franson being a victim of a strong team depth chart preventing him from playing but rather coach(s) X2 choice in Toronto that made him sit out 1/2 the season on a team with the 29th worst goals against that didn't think he could help them. Now he is unsigned and future uncertain.

If this is the reason really behind eating Lombardi's contract and giving up a 4th round pick in the process then the Leafs didn't get very much value in exchange for the so called doing the Preds a favour and taking advantage of MLSE money at its disposal in an attempt to improve the team itself. .

Personally myself I'd actually like my GM to make moves that improve the team,rather than more Lombardi type deals willing to take on other teams expendables/unwantables simply because MLSE has the financial wherewithal to do so.
So who is the real Franson then? The guy that played in Toronto or the guy that played in Nashville? Hmmmm.

And you're right, a deal such as suggested could never improve our team.

The Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote