View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Capsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
I've read exactly the opposite. Where are you seeing that?

Josh Morgan's play wasnt necessarily the reason for that loss. We didnt have it defensively, and I had no confidence in our K at the time (neither did the Skins, as they got rid of him).

Anyway, you're missing the boat with my argument. The Redskins were at no point a dominant team. We had a couple good games vs bad teams (Cleveland and Philly), and then scraped by vs the rest. The moxie of the team is to be lauded, in a major way. But Moxie isn't something you can count in each and every year. In fact, it usually moves away from you.

I also didnt mention our last place schedule, which will be significantly harder next season. With the same team, as stands, and with RG3 missing even 4 games, we are at best an 8-8 team with that 1st place schedule. Probably close to 6-10 or 7-9.

If the Redskins can make some solid depth moves to bolster the defense, and can draft *great* again (they have drafted great, IMO, the last 2 years), AND have a healthy RG3 for a full season, then we could see a better year, record wise.

But thats a lot to ask for.
Chris Russell yesterday on Twitter said the Skins seem to be confident.