View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Diamonddog01
Diamond in the rough

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Vancouver fans: "Toronto, you're going to trade for Roberto, and you're going to pay this particular price!"
Toronto fans: "No we aren't paying that price!"

Etc. etc. etc.

It feels as if Vancouver fans are actively pushing Roberto out the door and dictating to other teams what they will pay for his services. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way in real life. Based on past deals and the philosophy in Toronto's front office at the moment, I would be very surprised if Brian Burke offers anything of significant value for Roberto. That includes prospects like Nazem Kadri, Jake Gardiner, Morgan Rielly, Matt Frattin, etc., or high draft picks.

Brian is a stubborn man. Once he feels a GM is being outrageous in their trade demands, he usually hangs up and refuses to call back. I could see that being the case with Gillis.
That's fine, then Toronto doesn't get Loungo and finishes 11th to 14th again. Doesn't affect Vancouver in any way.

Gillis moves on to the other teams that were interested, gets a deal done and this thread stops, Toronto is bad again, and Vancouver makes the playoffs. Sounds just fine to me.