View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 03:07 PM
KidCanuck*
HORS∃Y

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Other than the Kessel deal...i will take the orginization now over what we had when Burke arrived any day.
Well the Kessel deal would have been the whole foundation for your franchise in Hamilton and Seguin. If anything you moved sideways. You have no stability within your organisation, everyone throwing the blame on everyone but themselves. The fact the Leafs drove off a cliff like a 18 wheeler is the fact that teams don't come flying out of the gates, top teams build and maintain throughout the season, the Leafs started hot and I remember a great quote from Wilson saying we have the top forward, top defenseman, and top goalie right now about a month in the season. If anyone knows how the NHL marathon of a season it works it should be the head coach. There is a great saying in hockey and other major sports "Don't get to high and don't get to low" I have seen exactly this from Leafs management and that trickles down throughout the rest of the organisation. The Leafs are systematically diseased and it starts at the top. You can go out and get the best possible players or prospects but within the organisation they become ruined. A perfect example is what was done to Luke Schenn or what is happening to Nazem Kadri. Change your leader and the rest will follow.