View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 04:10 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Hate it.
Rather add a pick or prospect to O'Reilly and go after Kulikov or Yandle.
We need somebody more proven next to EJ.
Those guys would be my first choice as well, but I don't see either of those teams parting with a center as well in the package. Which we would need coming back ideally.

Bozak's connection to Denver gives him a fairly high probability of resigning, and he has some experience playing in a top 6 role when needed.

I could possibly see us trading O'Reilly for Yandle/Kulikov and then just gutting it out and going after one of the 2nd or 3rd line centers that hits the UFA market. That also goes against what the team (Sakic) has been saying about expecting the team to take the next step.

Although even if we made the playoffs we probably wouldn't go far without a legit 3rd line center, but personally I think Colorado needs at least one more top 15 1st round pick. So basically the team would be accepting the fact that there would be almost no chance of competing with a trade like that.

Bozak and Zajac could both possibly hit the UFA market though, and without making the playoffs we would at least be in the lottery for the first overall pick.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote