Thread: Proposal: Columbus-Montreal
View Single Post
01-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Nikita Filatov
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
I think there is a basis for a deal there, but it needs to be tweaked. For one, mason is a pure cap dump from montreals POV. Brassard would be neccassary downgrade for Montreal in this deal, but they'd need to get a better prospect than Savard back to make the deal at all palatable.
Yeah the Mason/Budaj swap wasn't really meant to be the major part of the deal, just thought it would even up the salary swap a bit and maybe provide a backup for Montreal for more than one season.

As I pointed out in the OP, Tim Erixon and potentially John Moore could be included instead of David Savard. The three of them probably all hold similar value, but John Moore's skillset better fits the Blue Jacket's needs going forward with all the puckmovers we have.

I don't see Jenner or Johansen being moved for quite a while though. While I was saying we have too much depth up front and not enough first line talent, I don't see how moving our two biggest forward prospects would be more beneficial than moving prospects from an area of strength who at least in Jenner's case, hold similar value.

And to everybody doubting Savard's potential to be an effective NHL defenseman, he more than held his own in that position last season and currently has more points in the AHL than any Hamilton Bulldog player.....

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote