View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 03:21 PM
pondnorth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
I wonder if GB has secret intentions to move the team to a different market, but is ensuring that the team itself and survive in Phoenix for several more years until another market/arena is ready to take an NHL team.

Seattle still is not an option in the short term as the NBA needs to sledgehammer a team for relocation to Seattle, afterwhich an arena can then be constructed...

Quebec is not an option short term because a new arena is currently under construction...

Which leaves... Markham, and as far as I know, the arena there is still in blueprints, not physically started...

Phoenix, at the moment, has an arena, a hardcore fan base, and many facilities around it to maintain business, even if that means it is a break even business....

I sincerely believe the league is waiting for the pieces to fall into place to move this team. Jamison may just be a cover, a front if you will, to "hold" the team temporarily and get it off the leagues back.
Hardcore fan base and break even business,you must be talking about another team,you can`t possibly talking about the Coyotes.