Thread: Proposal: Columbus-Montreal
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2013, 04:25 PM
EveryDay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Yeah the Mason/Budaj swap wasn't really meant to be the major part of the deal, just thought it would even up the salary swap a bit and maybe provide a backup for Montreal for more than one season.

As I pointed out in the OP, Tim Erixon and potentially John Moore could be included instead of David Savard. The three of them probably all hold similar value, but John Moore's skillset better fits the Blue Jacket's needs going forward with all the puckmovers we have.

I don't see Jenner or Johansen being moved for quite a while though. While I was saying we have too much depth up front and not enough first line talent, I don't see how moving our two biggest forward prospects would be more beneficial than moving prospects from an area of strength who at least in Jenner's case, hold similar value.

And to everybody doubting Savard's potential to be an effective NHL defenseman, he more than held his own in that position last season and currently has more points in the AHL than any Hamilton Bulldog player.....

I would accept something like 1st 2013 + Foligno/Dubinski for Plekanec + 2nd, would you?

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote